Saturday, October 10, 2009

People are NOT shaped by what they wear-good copy

Are people shaped by what they wear?
I don't think I am shaped by what I wear. I don't think anyone is.
People just automatically think "Omigod! She's wearing Abercrombie, so she's automatically cool!" But actually, she's this rude snob who pretends she's your friend, and then just ditches you. Or "Ewwww she's wearing baggy, cheap clothes" But she turns out to be one of the nicest girls you've ever met. Sometimes, it's not like that. But most of the time it is. You should never judge anyone by what they wear. "Never judge a book by it's cover" is my mother's favourite saying. What if you meet someone who is so nice and kind and loyal, but she's not wearing the same clothes as you would choose? Would you just leave her for someone who is not loyal, unkind and rude that wears something you would wear? Sometimes, you can be lucky enough to find someone who wears the same clothes as you and be your best friend. I'm not one of them. I would hate it if someone wanted to be my friend based on what I wear. I wouldn't want to be their friend.I know I have real good friends who are so nice and they don't wear the same clothes as me. It's all about the attitude. People are shaped by their personality, or what they do.


I once read a book where a girl named Callie was running  to be the student council president at her school. Her best friend was helping her and went around asking people what Callie could do better. A lot of the people thought she should wear different clothes or change her hair and wear makeup. They didn't know her very well, and she was nice, funny and brilliant. They just cared about how she dressed and what she looked like.


Before just judging someone because of how they dress, you should get to know them first. That's why I think people are not shaped by what they wear.

2 comments:

  1. emilie, i totally get what you are trying to say. people shouldn't judge you by what you wear. But, i think that sometimes you COULD wear what your personality is, because its you. and as i said in my posts, you could definately make some friends by it. i think i should have mentioned what you mentioned a little bit because all i talked about was how it DOES shape who you are. i like your idea emilie.
    saski

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Saski, your blog was pretty good too!!!

    ReplyDelete