Saturday, February 27, 2010

F is for Friends and not so much friends

Friends. What to say, what to say...... well, let me tell you one thing, I've made more friends in the past year then I've ever had. 

I'm not going to go into detail about my past years at my old school. All you need to know is that people were jealous of me, so they were mean to me, and others pretended to be my friends for my stuff. That's all I'm saying.

While all this was happening, I had some great friends who helped me through my troubles. My skating friends were always there for me. Whether it was at skating practice, in the change-room, on the phone, at my house, or on email, they were always there for me. They are my best friends in the whole entire world, and I thank them everyday in my heart for that.

One summer day, however, my dad and I were driving home from skating and he told me that he was going to put me in another school. I had already visited there before. I cried and cried, and well, I guess it worked out, because now, I have many new friends who are so very nice and kind to me and now, so because of that I try to forget everything about my old school. But, of course, me being a chatterbox, we tend to get in trouble in class. We -sorry- I like to talk in class. I always, always, ALWAYS talk. It's just something that can't be stopped. My mouth is like the human heart, it never stops pumping, or in this case, talking. I even talk in my sleep! It's horrible! And Ms. Weldon, I'm really, really, really sorry about that. 

Another adventure my two friends and I have gone through, is totally different than what I've been in trouble for before. We were just kidding around writing stuff on our workbooks, and it just kept getting worse and worse. It eventually got to the point of using our kilt pins to write stuff on the bathroom stalls. I never thought I would do something like that, I just felt sad and hurt, I guess, even though it was a joke. I knew I shouldn't have done it as soon as I finished scratching it, but when I saw the one about me, I was so angry, I just couldn't stop myself!!! When I look back, I know how stupid and foolish it was of me to do that. But we were in it together, and now we laugh about it together. I guess we just took things a little too far.

One thing that I haven't really thought about until the other day, is how my skating friends are doing. I feel really bad because they helped me through my troubles, and now I feel like I just ditched them. I need to talk to them and hang out with them more often because they are my best friends and I barely know them anymore! It's truly a horrible feeling. 

So now I am happy, I have friends, so I want to give a big thank you to my skating friends and my new friends who will always be there for me, and I will always be there for them as well.

Life Lesson: There will always be a bend in the road, but there is usually something good at the end of it. Oh, and make new friends, but keep the old.

No comments:

Post a Comment