Friday, January 15, 2010

B is for Baby

As you might know, my mom just had a baby on March 9th 2009. It was a girl. She was kind of ugly when she was born, no offence to her. She was all puffy, and I have no idea why. Her face was all purple because she nearly suffocated.

One day, at night, I went to the bathroom and my mom said to go in my bathroom but I thought she ment to go in her bathroom so I went. In the sink, was the home pregnancy test saying she was pregnant. I was soooooooooooooooo excited! I went downstairs and my mom told me not to tell anybody! For three months, I couldn't tell my 8 year old sister, my grand-parents, my friends or my aunts or uncles! It was REALLY hard! But finally we told everyone.

On March 8th, 2009, we were eating at Moxie's. As my mom was signing the bill, she felt some contractions. She didn't tell anybody and we went home. She put us to bed and then went to the hospital at 5:30 in the morning. It was snowing and my parents had to walk all the way around the hospital to get to the ER because the other door was locked. At 7:30 in the morning, I woke up to go to school, and there was a note saying that my grandparents would pick us up to go to the hospital. We were so excited! We got to the hospital at 8:00 in the morning. The baby was only born at 11:30-ish in the morning. We waited at the hospital for 3 hours and a half. Every time my dad walked into the room, we all stood up and said "Is the baby here?" I was getting cranky because I was impatient. Finally my dad walked in and said "It's here!" Me and my sister sprinted to the room and I held her first because I'm more special. I was so happy!(even if she was a little bit ugly)

Now, Isabella is a healthy, beautiful baby and we love her very, very much!

Life lesson: Secrets that are hard to keep can lead to beautiful things!

No comments:

Post a Comment