Thursday, January 28, 2010

D is for Doc Dempsey's

If you are wondering what Doc Dempsey's is, then keep reading. If you honestly don't care, then you can comment saying that you don't care.


Anyways, if you are one of those people who actually WANT to read this, then you must understand that Doc Dempsey's is a ski run at the ski resort I ski at. The resort is called Smuggler's Notch, and it's in Vermont. We go there every March Break and I attend ski school all week. It's actually really fun. The runs we go on are only black and double black diamonds. We do a lot of fun and cool stuff and they teach you really good skiing technique. My dad says that I am a very good skier but I don't know if he's just saying that because I am his daughter or if he actually means it.



The first time I actually skied, I was only 2 and a half. I think it was at Chicopee. It was funny because every time my grandparents took me there, they always teased me saying "Emilie, are we going to Thickopee?" and I would say "No, we are going to Thickopee!" because I thought I was saying it right!

When I was six, we found Smuggler's Notch and decided to give it a shot. You wouldn't believe how amazing it is! There is always so much snow and there are 3 mountains; Morse, which is the smallest one for beginners; Sterling which is for relatively good skiers; and Madonna, which is the biggest, with only black diamonds, double black diamonds, a triple black diamond, and a couple blue squares. I mostly ski on Madonna. One of my least favourite things: chairlifts. I get so scared when I get on or off one. I am also scared about dropping a pole or a mitt or even a ski. One of my favourite things: the view. Madonna is so high up in the clouds, so at the top, the trees are covered in beautiful white fluffy snow. It's the most beautiful thing to see. With the branches covered in white snow, it's just like being in a winter wonderland. There's nothing like it.


Something else that I love about skiing is rush of the fresh wind on my face, and the feeling of sliding down the hill. But I have a very sensitive face so I get frostbite really easily. That's one thing that happens every time I go skiing. It's really unpleasant as you might know if you've ever gotten frostbite before.


I don't really have a life lesson this time but I guess I can just say that Smuggler's Notch is the BEST place to ski. This is the website if you are interested in trying it out: http://www.smuggs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment