Tuesday, January 19, 2010

C is for Chica

C is for Chica. Chica means "girl" in Spanish. If you are wondering who Chica is, well, she was my dog. Actually, my mom's dog. See, my mom went to university in Ottawa and decided to buy a dog. She was a Cocker Spaniel. My mom got home and my grandparents were very surprised. They almost didn't let Chica stay with her. My mom said that she was only 600 dollars! They finally said she could stay.

Chica was my mom's dog all through university. Even when my mom got married. Chica was like mu mom's daughter. Then I came. Chica was almost like a sister to me. She was so good with me. She didn't bite or jump. But she did have her faults. She liked to sit underneath my high chair because I was kinda messy. She ate the stuff I spilled and she sometimes barfed it all over the place. She went in the garbage and ate stuff like carrot peals. She also liked to chase skunks which was a pain. But, otherwise, Chica was a very good dog.

After 12 years, Chica was getting old. She was going deaf and blind. One day, my grandma and I were walking home, and Chica, being deaf, couldn't here anything. She bounded across the yard to meet us just as my dad was pulling in to the driveway. Well, you can pretty much guess what happened next. My dad felt a bump and heard a whimper. He had run over her. My mom started to cry and ran into the house. I didn't know what had happened. I went into the house and my mom told me that Chica had died. I didn't believe her at first, but then I realized it was true. My doggy had died. I cried a lot that day. Of course, my dad felt terrible. But after a while, we got over it. We are actually thinking of getting another dog which is fun. But no one can replace Chica.

Life lesson: All great things must come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment