Monday, March 22, 2010

J is for Jenn

Jennifer Anne Sahadeo Harrison is one of my favourite people in the world. No, she is not an imaginary friend, she is my aunt and godmother! She is SUPER JENN! Since I was little, I've called Jenn "Jenny-boy" because her hair was short but now it's long and luscious!

When I was born, I was the only grandchild. My mom only has two sisters. Imagine the dilemma picking between her only two sisters. So, long story short, my mom being my mom found an unconventional solution. I ended up with two amazing godmothers and no godfather. Lucky them! Jenn and Danièle (I call her DaDa) both won the prize of being my godmothers.

Never having the pleasure of having a godmother live in the same city as us, imagine my happiness when Jenn told us they were moving into our hometown! They even invited me to look at houses with them! I loved the little house they picked, it looked just like a cottage! Of course, just like any fairy-tale, there has to be an ending. The street they lived on was a peculiar street with-let's just say the setting wasn't very child-friendly. So, they found another nice house but nothing can compare to my little cottage-house. One advantage about their new place is that it's right around the block from our house! We visit Jenn a lot and they drop-in often. In fact, they decide to invite themselves in for dinner quite frequently. We don't mind-we love playing with her two little boys, Sam and Max. Once, for her first's baptism, she told my mom "Oh, by the way, we're using your house for the after-party." Yes, it was last-minute but it worked out great.

What's that? I see my aunt pulling up in a yellow Volks-Wagen Beetle! But, oh wait! It's Pikachu from Pokemon! You see, my aunt worked for Nintendo when I was about four years old. How special! We loved going in the "Punch-buggy" with her and I felt like a queen, visiting her employees. Sure, Pokemon and video games aren't my favourite, but it was still fun and was the envy of all my friends who did lover Pokemon.

One of the things I love most about my aunt Jenn is her personality. She makes me laugh because of her great sense of humor. We bond like two peas in a pod which makes it easy to chat with her.

Life Lesson: Sometimes two is better than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment