Wednesday, March 31, 2010

L is for Luc

You must be wondering who the dude with the awesome French name Luc Renaud is. Four words: P. A. P. A. My Papa!

P: Perfect

A: Amazing

P: Personal Chauffeur

A: Awesome!

My favourite thing about him is that even though he's hit the big four-oh, he acts and looks like he's only about thirty. When I say that, I mean he plays with us without being embarrassed, and super fit. We love to fool around with him and he is a big joker. He was the one who taught me how to play ultimate Frisbee, soccer and volley-ball. Even though he has begged me many times to play hockey, he supports me in my figure skating. 5:30 am: "Emilie! Wake up! Skating!" 6:00 am: "Run another lap! Come on! You can do it!" 6:15 am: "Emilie, time to stretch!". Well, it goes on and on and on! Whenever I have either a competition or a test, he is in the stands cheering me on, and whenever I am warming up, he warms up with me! As you might be able to tell, he is my biggest fan.

I'm very proud of my daddy because he is almost a true runner! He runs at least every other day! In fact, he runs almost every day! I'm sure you all think that he is just running around the block or something, but do you know what? He actually runs up to 16 km! He is training to run in the Chicago Marathon in the fall. We are all really proud of him, because a year ago, we would have never believed that he would do this. He was definitely not in shape at all, and he had a snack pack, which turned into a six-pack really fast!

Like most dads, my dad has a job. Not anything crazy like a mad-scientist, but a normal one that he really enjoys. "An apple for the teacher..." yes, my dad is a teacher. He began his career nearly 18 years ago in Woodstock Ontario. Since he lives in Guelph, Woodstock was too long of a commute. After teaching there for all of 6 years, my dad found a job in Guelph, so he could be closer to my mom and me, because I was just born. Sadly, the first school he taught at in Guelph wasn't very welcoming. Let's just say, after one year, he left and promised my mom that I would never go there. Because he had been teaching middle-school kids for at least 7 years, he wanted to move on. He teaches in a high school, and still loves it. Everyone says my dad is a great teacher, and I truly believe it. A number of young teachers look up to him as if he was the Sydney Crosby of teaching.

"Hello! I'm your chauffeur..." my dad is also my personal chauffeur. He drives me everywhere I need to be. Whether it's to skating, dance, piano, singing, tennis, camp, a sleepover, parties, skiing, school... oh, you get it; everywhere! And to top that off, he has to drive my sister everywhere too. We spend a lot of time in the car, as you can see, so we can really talk and get to bond.

I love my papa, and hope we stay together for ever and ever!

Life Lesson: Slowly I'm learning from my dad that kindness and compassion can get you through everything in life.

I commented on Jamie's blog.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was very interesting. I especially liked the part where you said your dad used to have a snack pack. I just wish that my dad was that fun and energetic. All in all great post Emelie.

    -Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the blog Emilie. my dad is also my chauffeur. he brings me to gymnastics and back. but i think that your dad is way coolier then mine. good job on the blog Emilie keep it up :D <3

    ReplyDelete